Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Brownie Cupcakes


For St. Patrick's day I made some brownies, but instead of using a rectangle-shaped pan, I put them in a cupcake pan. Once the batter was made, I poured enough so that it would cover 1/4 of each cupcake then I placed a peppermint patty and poured the remaining batter on top. I saw this idea on another website and thought I should try it out because I love mint chocolate flavored desserts (if you couldn't tell by the cake I just made). Since I was baking brownies and not chocolate cake mix in the cupcake pan, it took longer for them to bake (about 25 minutes).



For the icing, I used the same buttercream recipe that I used for the previous post, but this time I put 5 drops of green food coloring. To top it off, I put green sprinkles.







No comments:

Post a Comment