Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Christmas Cookies

About a week before Christmas we had a snow/ice day and I did not have to come into work (woo!). After sleeping in a couple of hours, I decided it was time to get up and do something with my day and since my parents were having a Christmas party that weekend, it was obvious that I should make something for that. I decided to make Christmas cookies. They were shaped like trees and stars, but I only have a picture of the trees.

I used the sugar cookie recipe from this post and the icing recipe from this post. For the tree decorations I use pre-made icing, because the icing that you use to ice the cookies would be too runny for the details. You can do the tree decorations in whatever color you want, but I chose colors that would stand out on the cookie. For the stars, I made yellow icing and used a star tip. For icing the trees, I found it went faster if you use a sponge brush. So I used a 1" brush. This was a great project for a cold, icy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment