Monday, February 22, 2010

Chocolate Creme Brulee


I may have out done myself this time.  This chocolate creme brulee was to die for.  It was not as rich as some I have had before, but still rich enough to where you have a hard time finishing it on your own.  However, this was not a problem for everyone - cough cough Ben cough cough.


The above picture is of the brulees before they were baked.  They resemble chocolate pudding to me.  After they were done baking, I thought about just using the broiler to caramelize the sugar, but after finding this torch at Williams Sonoma, I couldn't resist!
As you can see, Ben was the first to try out the torch (of course, since boys love fire so much!).  But, I will have to admit, it was a lot of fun.


Yum yum yum! Caramelized sugar!


One recipe makes 6 creme brulees.  The perfect amount for a family dinner plus some for breakfast the next day!
 

To top off the chocolate creme brulee, we made homemade whipped cream.  And for those of you who know and love me, yes, I really said "H-wipped cream.  Emphasis on the non-existent H at the beginning of whipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment