Thursday, February 25, 2010

An Accident

I know it hasn't been forever since I posted last, but I wanted to say it's going to be just a little bit longer before my next baking adventure.  I had an accident on Tuesday evening that involved a dang Brussels sprout, a sharp knife, and the middle finger on my left hand.  Two words come to mind as I type this: ouch and gross.   There was blood, lots of it.  The walls were closing in on me as I started crying, trying to find a place to sit/almost pass out. 

I thought about taking a picture of my finger in the bandage, because let me tell you, it looks ridiculous.  The massive-ness of the bandage makes my finger look like it was stung by a bee and I had an allergic reaction - just huge.  But all of that extra padding is to protect it from me bumping it against something.

I have had to learn to type without the use of my middle finger, which is not easy, especially since I happen to be an outstanding typer (not kidding - you can ask Ben, my parents, anyone - I type fast and accurate).

I just need a break.  Of course I say that, but I actually have plans to bake chocolate chip and M&M cookies tonight (but y'all have seen those before, so it's nothing new and exciting).

I'm a big baby when it comes to blood and cuts, so I tend to exaggerate the severity of injuries, but even Ben said that this looked pretty bad (and that's saying something).  So I'll be back when my finger is healed and I don't look like a doofus with this silly bandage.  I can promise you, though, that I'll be staying away from knifes, at least sharp ones, for a while.  Bring on the butter and plastic knifes!  (one day I'll tell you the story of how I managed to cut myself with a plastic knife.  Like cut myself so badly that it actually bled).

4 comments:

Rachael Wright Jones said...

Ick! Knives freak me out! I'm sorry about your finger! I hope it heals fast!

April said...

Ow!! I don't blame you for taking a break from knives. I'm a huge baby when it comes to blood!!ick!!

Unknown said...

You have an award waiting for you on my blog. Happy Friday.

Rachel said...

Ouch! I am so sorry about your finger!

Post a Comment