Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkin Carving!

I love love love to carve pumpkins. October is always a really busy month for my family because we have 6 birthdays! This year, however, October seemed to be especially busy. I normally like to carve pumpkins at the beginning of October, but this year Ben and I didn't get around to carving until October 21! (gasp!)

I let Ben scoop out all of the insides. I usually don't mind doing that, but I wasn't up for getting my hands dirty this year. On a side note - I am noticing now that he has slight googly-eyes. oops! haha.

We always like to think of our own pumpkin designs. I think it's more fun to have a one-of-a-kind jack-0-lantern. So we knew we wanted a mean-looking-but-not-too-scary pumpkin face. I sketched it out and started drawing.



Here are the two pumpkins we did last year.

I think our pumpkins are simple and classic. Your basic jack-o-lantern. No fancy knives or scrapers to be found here!

No comments:

Post a Comment