Friday, February 27, 2009

Fancy Brownies

This is a little twist on making brownies. I think they look a little fancier and have even more chocolate than normal brownies.

I started out with brownie mix and instead of pouring it in a 9" x 13" pan I put it in a 9" round pan then baked it in the oven. After letting it cool on a cooling rack I flipped it over on to a plate and put the plate on a cake stand in order to ice it.

For the icing, I used pre-made chocolate icing. Before I began icing the brownie I put the icing into the microwave for 15-20 seconds to make it soft and melted and easier to spread on the top of the brownie. Before I put the icing on I made chocolate shavings to put on top of the icing. I used a carrot peeler and an over-sized Hershey's milk chocolate candy bar to make the shavings. I tried to make them as curly as possible, because I think those look better.

So I poured the icing on, spread it around with an icing spatula to make it look smooth and while it was still a little melted I sprinkled the chocolate shavings on the top so they would stick better. Whenever I was ready to serve the brownie, I cut it into wedges like you would cut a cake.




No comments:

Post a Comment