Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chocolate Chocolate Cake Bites

My dad actually found these delightful treats and suggested that I try them.  Well, six months later (because I'm just now getting around to it), here we are with chocolate chocolate cake bites.



Before I made my first batch, I did a little research about them and found this website.  Over at Bakerella she refers to them as cake balls and they are much fancier than these basic chocolate cake bites.

Ingredients:
chocolate cake mix (eggs, oil, etc)
1 can of cream cheese frosting
1 package of chocolate bark

Bake the cake as directed on the box.  Let it cool completely (I stuck mine in the garage where it's cold for 45 minutes).  Dump the cake and 3/4 can of cream cheese icing into a large bowl (or back into the baking dish as I did - see picture below).  Thoroughly mix the cake and icing.  Place in freezer for 30 minutes so cake can firm up.  Shape into balls.  Melt chocolate bark according to directions on the package (I had to add some milk to the chocolate to make it creamier).  Dip cake bites into chocolate (I used a spoon to carefully get them out).  Let dry on foil.  The recipe makes about 40 cake bites.









Now, don't get me wrong, you can mix and match and make any sort of cake bites you would like.  I just happen to love chocolate, so I chose to do these first.  You could also do yellow cake and red or green or whatever color bark simply by dyeing the white chocolate bark the color that you choose.

1 comment:

Lindsay and Robert said...

Yum, Jen! Made the red velvet version for our Bachelor watch party and everyone loved them!

Post a Comment