Monday, January 18, 2010

Caramel Covered Cheetos


I know what you're thinking..."what the heck? caramel covered Cheetos? are you out of your mind?"  No, I am not and luckily for you I am here to explain how to make this yummy treat!  I got the recipe from my friend Jennifer (and there's no doubt she's cool because we have the same name).

Warning: these are a crunchy, sweet snack that will disappear from your kitchen in a matter of hours!  Below are instructions for a half recipe.  This is what I made because I knew it would just be my family eating it and we don't need 4 pounds of cheetos staring us in the face!

Ingredients
1 bag of Cheetos (regular size)
1 stick of butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Pre-heat oven to 250.  In a sauce pan, bring butter, brown sugar and corn syrup to a boil for 5 minutes.  Stir in baking soda.  Pour over Cheetos in a medium sized bowl.  Mix well and spread onto a baking sheet.  Place in the oven and bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.  Quickly separate onto wax paper and let dry.


The pictures don't do them justice.  They had a nice candy coating and the cheese taste was surprisingly not too over-powering.
 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yay! I'm glad you made them and blogged about them! People are always weary to try then but once they do they can't stop talking about them!

Post a Comment