Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chocolate Creme Brulee with Strawberry Sauce

I still haven't gotten enough of these creme brulees!  I decided to do a little experimenting and make some strawberry sauce.  I figured since chocolate covered strawberries taste delish, wouldn't strawberries and chocolate creme brulee?  And the answer is yes!

Strawberry Sauce
10 oz. frozen strawberries, thawed
1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
1 tablespoon water

Place strawberries, corn starch, and water in a medium size sauce pan over medium heat.  Stir continuously until thick.  Pour over creme brulees and top with whipped cream.

I'm starting to think that you can do this sauce with any fruit (remember, I did raspberries for Ben's birthday?).  A peach sauce would be wonderful with some vanilla ice cream!

I'm really racking my brain for a cute, fun Spring dessert to make this weekend.  Hopefully on Monday I can report back with something amazing!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment