Thursday, June 25, 2009

Aprons Aprons Aprons!

Over the weekend I made some aprons (3 to be exact). Two of them were half aprons and one was a full apron.






To make the full apron, I had to get creative because I did not have a pattern. Instead, I used a paper bag and unfolded it and drew the pattern (just trying to be green!). I folded my fabric in half (it was about 1 1/2 yards of fabric).



I drew the pattern on the fabric then cut it out.



I then folded, ironed, and sewed around the edges. I cut out a 7" x 9" rectangle from a coordinating fabric and folded, ironed, and sewed around those edges. Then I cut some off-white ruffle for the top of the apron and the top of the pocket.



For the ties, I used a light tan grosgrain ribbon. I cut two 26" ties for the neck and two 32" ties for the back. I pinned these in place and tried on the apron to make sure it would fit OK. Then I just sewed them on!

The reason the ties for the back seem long is so that if I want to tie it in the front I have enough to do so.



Also this weekend, the gift shop at the Winthrop Rockefeller Institute started carrying my aprons!!! Yeah for making my first sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment