Monday, December 21, 2009

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies with some flair!



How many of you like to take something ordinary and fancy it up a bit?  You know, give it a little flair.  Well, I do!  And that's exactly what I did to these chocolate chip cookies.  Ok, get ready for this...this was my very first time to make chocolate chip cookies from scratch!  (I can't believe I said that out loud!)  Well, see, the thing is, I love tollhouse cookie dough.  It just seemed so perfect, like nothing could beat it (now I'm not saying that these cookies beat it, but they definitely would give them a run for their money).

I'll give you one guess as to where I got the recipe...yep, that's right, Southern Living.  It's called their "All-time Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies" and I can see why.

Ok, let's get back to the fancying it up a bit.  I just couldn't resist.  Plus, who doesn't love more chocolate?  I just took the left over semi sweet morsels and melted them in a double-boiler (adding some butter to make it smoother).  Using the spoon I was stirring with, I drizzled chocolate over the cookies.  As you can see, I dipped a couple of them half way in chocolate.  Ben personally likes the ones that are covered in chocolate, so I did a couple of those for him (not pictured).  This can be done to oatmeal cookies, sugar cookies, anything really!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment