Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix



I found this recipe on the back of the Chex cereal box.  So I guess all of that reading the back of cereal boxes has paid off!

Ingredients:
9
cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex® or Wheat Chex® cereal (or combination) I used corn and rice Chex
2
cups bite-size pretzel twists
2
cups bite-size cheese crackers
3
tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1
package (1 oz) ranch dressing and seasoning mix
1/2
 cup grated Parmesan cheese

In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal, pretzels and crackers. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. Stir in dressing mix and cheese until evenly coated.

Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.

The Chex website has a recipe for everyone, whether you like salty, cheesy, or sweet treats!  This weekend while I'm baking a thousand other things, I think I'll make some puppy chow, too! (p.s. how did this get named "puppy chow"? Not that my dogs wouldn't love to have a treat like this...)

*recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment