Monday, August 17, 2009

BBQ and Chicken Pesto Pizzas

For dinner a couple of weeks ago, I made two pizzas - one chicken pesto and one BBQ chicken. Both recipes are from Allrecipes.com which I have found to be full of great, easy ideas for dinner.




3 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
1 cup hickory flavored BBQ sauce
3 tablespoons of honey (the recipe only calls for 1 tablespoon, but I love honey)
2 tablespoons molasses (the recipe only calls for 1 teaspoon, but what harm is a little more molasses going to do? none)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
1 cup mozzarella (the recipe calls for smoked Gouda, both sounded good)
1 cup thinly sliced red onion (which I did not use, because I forgot to cut it)

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees (I used 450 since that's what the pesto pizza calls for and it turned out fine). In a sauce pan over medium high heat, combine chicken, BBQ sauce, honey, molasses, brown sugar, and cilantro. Spread chicken mixture evenly over pizza crust and top with cheese and onions.


Here's the link to the chicken pesto pizza. This one was the easier of the two.


1/2 cup pesto basil sauce
1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
2 cups cooked chicken breast strips
1 (6 oz.) jar of artichoke hearts, drained
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (I always use more than this because I like it cheesy)
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Spread pesto on the pizza crust. Arrange chicken pieces and artichoke hears over the sauce, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and the crust is lightly brown on the edges. So easy and so good!

I put the pizzas right on the grate in the oven so the crust gets crispier = more delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment