Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Party Food - Hummus

I have not always been a big fan of hummus.  I know I've said this before, but I am picky, and hummus was one of those things I was not going to try.  I repeat: NOT. GOING.TO.TRY.  That all changed when Ben started making homemade hummus.  It wasn't like I all of a sudden became obsessed with it, but I gradually started to warm up to it.  And here I am making my own.

Ingredients
1 can chickpeas, reserve liquid
juice from 1/2 lemon
1/3 cup olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons of tahini
salt

Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid.  In a food processor, add the garlic and pulse a couple of times until it is minced.  Add chickpeas and most of the liquid, also add tahini, salt, lemon juice, and 1/3 cup olive oil.  Process until smooth.  Serve with warm pita bread.

Bruschetta is next!

And a big WOO PIG SOOIE to my Razorbacks who are ranked #10!!!

Fall 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment