Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Key Lime Pie

While we were out of town for the 4th of July this past weekend I made a key lime pie.  Well, actually it was just a lime pie because Kroger didn't have any key limes, or I couldn't find them.  The recipe is featured in this month's Southern Living and is supposed to be healthier than most because you use fat free ingredients.  I don't mind using fat free ingredients, just as long as it doesn't take away from the taste, which I don't think this did!

Rest assured that the swan in the background is not mine.
Ingredients
1 (14 oz.) can of fat free sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup egg substitute
3/4 cup lime juice
2 teaspoons grated lime rind
1 graham cracker crust (reduced fat or not)
8 oz. fat free whipped cream, thawed

Pre heat oven to 350.  Mix condensed milk, egg, lime juice and grated lime with a mixer.  Pour into the crust.  Bake 10-12 minutes.  Place on a cooling rack for 1 hour.  Top with whipped cream and chill in refrigerator until time to serve.  Garnish with lime wedges or curls.

Sorry the picture is terrible quality - my camera was not wanting to focus that evening.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Hey Jennifer! I found a recipe almost exactly like this online and I'm planning on making it today for our playgroup tomorrow! Glad you liked it! I couldn't find key limes either.

Unknown said...

It was super yummy! Delicious recipe. Gets two thumbs up.

Anonymous said...

Loved it!

Post a Comment